Sunday, October 23, 2011

"AARGH -- change!!"

My head is swimming from all the new technology we have, and room changing, and construction, and a new course and, and . . .


(I have three remotes, now, plus my old, beloved wireless mouse!)

Change happens. The cheese gets moved. So you can cry or pull your hair out (I would have, several times, had I any), or try to adapt as well as you can and keep pressing on to the prize of helping young people become more able.  Alan Cohen offered me this anonymous inspiration this morning via email:


Resolve to evolve.


I so resolve. Though I can't totally guarantee you won't see one or two tufts of hair on my classroom floor along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have to "resolve to evolve" for sure! A book I read a couple of years ago comes to mind: "Our Iceberg is Melting"---if so, we can only be on steady ground for a limited time. I'd rather plan early what to do than sink!
Nice blog Phil!